Besides the management of funds for staff and research equipment, the tasks of project Z-V include, inter alia, the organization of joint project meetings, closed meetings, workshops and symposia, the coordination of the aggregation of scientific outcomes from sub-projects, the implementation of gender equality measures, the organization of the supervision of guests and guest scientist and public relations. In addition, the Mercator Fellow module allows an intensive and long-term technical interchange between Prof. Hrvoje Jasak (University of Zagreb) and those members of the CRC who work with the open source software platform OpenFOAM.
Mercator Fellow Prof. Hrvoje Jasak (University of Zagreb)
Within the CRC 1194 great importance is attached to the the C++ library OpenFOAM, because it considerably supports the cooperation during model development and simulation at different levels of detail.
OpenFOAM has been selected as a common, central developmental platform to implement new modelling approaches and simulation methodologies within the CRC.
- Advice for all relevant projects in particular areas such as
- dynamic adaptive and moving unstructured meshes
- solution strategies for complex and coupled continuum problems
- efficient implementation of algorithms in the OpenFOAM environment
- Support of TP B06in extending the DG Discontinous Galerkin Method.
- Support of TP B04, inter alia, in developing a demonstrator of optimization problems for wetting phenomena based on DAKOTA with an OpenFOAM interface
- Support of researchers in B01 and B02 whose Direct Numerical Simulations require an extremely high spatial resolution both near the contact line (hydrodynamics of wetting) and at the fluid boundary (mass transport).
|Prof. Dr.-Ing. Peter Stephan|
+49 6151 16-22260
Dr.-Ing. Benjamin Lambie
+49 6151 16-22177